Joe leverages his many years teaching and competing nationally and internationally to provide elite level coaching and guidance to the team. Joe was born and raised in Staten Island, NY. Early in Joe's martial arts career he was very active in competition. He has taken home gold in various local and national level Judo tournaments as well as National Grappling tournaments. Shortly after, Joe discovered his true passion for teaching. Joe is very active in the dojo, especially in the kids judo martial arts classes. He is constantly emphasizing core Judo principles such as "softness controls hardness", "maximum efficiency with minimum effort", and "mutual benefit" during his instruction. Joe has taught Judo for physical education in various public schools. He has also instructed many civil service workers such as police officers, corrections officers, firemen, coast guard, EMT/EMS and provided Judo clinics around the globe. Even at age 10 Joe knew he wanted to create a place where kids could be safe and stay out of trouble.
Joe, spends his time training for international competition, coaching and teaching his students.
- USA Judo National Champion
- Representative of Team USA in International Competition
- 2016 Senior National Championships-1st Place M1 66kg (Ranked #1 in the USA)
- 2016 Senior National Championships-5th Place Senior Division 60kg (Ranked #7 in the USA)
- Kodokan 3rd Degree Judo Black Belt (Japan)
- USJF 3rd Degree Judo Black Belt
- Jujitsu 2nd Degree Black Belt
- Former United Nations Representative
- CPR, AED & First Aid Certified
- Safesport & CDC Heads UP Certified
- USA Judo Coach Of The Month
- American Red Cross Award Of Appreciation